Sunday, July 20, 2008

Daily Bible reading

God's timing is perfect - even in death.

Psalm 139:7-18
Where I can from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol,
you are there.
If I take the wings of the morning
and settle at the farthest limits
of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold
me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness
shall cover me,
and the light around me
become night,"
even the darkness is not dark to
you;
the night is as bright as the
day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For it was you who formed my
inward parts;
you knit me together in my
mother's womb.
I praise you,for I am fearfully
and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in
secret,
intricately woven in the depths
of the earth.
Your eayes beheld my unformed
substance.
In your book were written
all the days that were formed
for me,
when none of them as yet
existed.
How weighty to me are your
thoughts, O God !
How vast is the sum of them !
I try to count them - they are
more than the sand;
I come to the end - I am still
with you.

With prayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless